Our physical offices are now open. Stay updated on all areas of tax filings and business processes affected by COVID-19Learn more
Location: Abingdon, Virginia
Reports To: Firm Partners
Status: Full-Time (Non-Exempt)
At SpieglerBlevins, our reputation is built on a commitment to our client's success, as well as the broad success of our local community. We take great pride in the quality of services we offer clients, and how, through dedicated strategic planning, we are helping to build our local business community…one success at a time.
SpieglerBlevins offers a culture of respect, teamwork, integrity, and pride as well as competitive wages based on experience and a generous benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance for the employee, disability insurance, 401k retirement plan, paid sick leave, and holidays and a generous paid time off plan.
The Administrative Assistant is a pivotal member of our staff and is the first point of contact for SpieglerBlevins with the clients, visitors, or anyone contacting our firm, both in-person and on the telephone. The position is responsible for managing the front desk and performing a variety of administrative and clerical tasks across the organization. This position is also cross-trained to field basic accounting, payroll, and tax inquiries as needed. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Warmly welcome clients, their family members and other visitors to the building.
- Answer telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner, ascertaining the nature of calls and determining the staff member to whom the call should be directed.
- Provide basic and accurate information in response to telephone and in-person inquiries from clients and redirect more in-depth requests to other staff members as needed.
- Ensure reception area and conference room is tidy, presentable and welcoming.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling visitor access as needed.
- Collect, sort and distribute mail/deliveries on a daily basis.
- Coordinate scheduling and logistics for meetings, including coordination of invitations, logistics, agendas and meeting minutes.
- Manage client communications and document storage and exchange applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school or associate degree, and minimum three years of experience as a receptionist, front office representative or similar role.
- Warm, friendly personality and positive customer service attitude. Ability to maintain calm demeanor, be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Hands-on experience and strong comfort level with multi-line phone and voicemail systems.
- Strong multitasking and time-management skills are essential, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with QuickBooks® and/or QuickBooks® Online a plus
Compensation: Dependent upon experience. Excellent benefits package offered including medical, dental, and vision insurance for the employee, disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, paid sick leave and holidays, and a generous paid time off plan.
To apply: All qualified applicants interested in this position are encouraged to apply by emailing a resume, cover letter and list of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. The position will remain open until filled. No calls, please.
SpieglerBlevins is an equal opportunity employer. SpieglerBlevins is a drug-free workplace. Under the provisions of the Immigration and Reform Act of 1986, the candidate will be required to provide evidence of identity and eligibility for employment.