Our physical offices are now open. Stay updated on all areas of tax filings and business processes affected by COVID-19Learn more
Location: Abingdon, VA or Bristol, TN
Reports To: Firm Client Accounting Manager
Status: Part-Time or Full-Time
At SpieglerBlevins our reputation is built on a commitment to our clients' success, as well as the broad success of our local community. We take great pride in the quality of services we offer clients, and how, through dedicated strategic planning, we are helping to build our local business community…one success at a time.
SpieglerBlevins offers a culture of respect, teamwork, integrity and pride as well as competitive wages based on experience and a benefit package including health and disability insurance, retirement plan, paid sick leave and holidays.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for performing general accounting functions. The Staff Accountant must possess strong time management and analytical skills, attention to detail, and solid communication abilities. This position ensures the accurate preparation of tax returns and financial statements as well as analysis and reporting of accounting data and acts as liaison between the company and clients in providing the required information and ensuring that proper information is maintained.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare tax returns for individuals and business entities
- Draft financial statements and related disclosures
- Review and monitor client bookkeeping
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field or accounting post-baccalaureate
- 1 – 3 years of recent work experience at a public accounting firm
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic business and technology
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and audit/assurance software
- Proficient with the preparation of individual and business tax returns (Ultra Tax CS experience a plus)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Critical thinking and ability to evaluate a situation, research options, and present optimal solutions
Compensation: Dependent upon experience. Benefits package offered, including health and disability insurance, retirement plan, paid sick leave and holidays as well as vacation package.
To apply: All qualified applicants interested in this position are encouraged to apply by emailing a resume, cover letter and list of three professional references. Please include “Staff Accountant” in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled. No calls please.
SpieglerBlevins is an equal opportunity employer. SpieglerBlevins is a drug- free workplace. Under the provisions of the Immigration and Reform Act of 1986, the candidate will be required to provide evidence of identity and eligibility for employment.