Location: Abingdon, VA or Bristol, TN
Reports To: Firm Client Accounting Manager
Status: Part-Time or Full-Time
At SpieglerBlevins our reputation is built on a commitment to our clients' success, as well as the broad success of our local community. We take great pride in the quality of services we offer clients, and how, through dedicated strategic planning, we are helping to build our local business community…one success at a time.
SpieglerBlevins offers a culture of respect, teamwork, integrity and pride as well as competitive wages based on experience and a benefit package including health and disability insurance, retirement plan, paid sick leave and holidays.
The Associate’s focus is developing a foundation on which to build their career. This would include developing skills utilized in workpaper preparation, adhering to firm best practices and employing appropriate standards. The Associate will receive direction and supervision from Senior Associates, Supervisors and Managers. The Associates will begin having interactions with clients and will develop behavior and professional competencies necessary to future growth.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Close interim and year-end books for business entities including preparation of required workpapers and related commercial income tax returns
- Prepare individual income tax returns including interim tax planning
- Draft financial statements and related disclosures
- Review and monitor client bookkeeping
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field or accounting post-baccalaureate
- 1 – 3 years of recent work experience at a public accounting firm
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic business and technology
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and audit/assurance software
- Proficient with the preparation of individual and business tax returns (Ultra Tax CS experience a plus)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Critical thinking and ability to evaluate a situation, research options, and present optimal solutions
Compensation: Dependent upon experience. Excellent benefits package offered, including medical, dental and vision insurance for the employee, 401(k) retirement plan, paid holidays and a generous paid time off plan.
To apply: All qualified applicants interested in this position are encouraged to apply by emailing a resume, cover letter and list of three professional references. Please include “Staff Accountant” in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled. No calls please.
SpieglerBlevins, is an equal opportunity employer. SpieglerBlevins, is a drug- free workplace. Under the provisions of the Immigration and Reform Act of 1986, the candidate will be required to provide evidence of identity and eligibility for employment.