Our physical offices are now open. Stay updated on all areas of tax filings and business processes affected by COVID-19Learn more
Location: Abingdon, VA or Bristol, TN
Reports To: Firm Client Accounting Manager
Status: Full-Time (Non-Exempt)
At SpieglerBlevins our reputation is built on a commitment to our clients' success, as well as the broad success of our local community. We take great pride in the quality of services we offer clients, and how, through dedicated strategic planning, we are helping to build our local business community…one success at a time.
SpieglerBlevins offers a culture of respect, teamwork, integrity and pride as well as competitive wages based on experience and a benefit package including health and disability insurance, retirement plan, paid sick leave and holidays.
This position plays a key role in managing all aspects of payroll for clients. The payroll processor is responsible for processing recurring client payrolls including preparing each payroll, transmitting employee direct deposits, ensuring all payroll tax payments are transmitted timely and transmitting all required payroll tax returns for numerous clients utilizing integrated cloud-based accounting systems.
- Performing basic payroll procedures and tax payments
- Calculating payroll for clients including analyzing the resultant transactions to ensure accuracy, transmitting funding requests, direct deposit, preparing and electronically filing various federal and state monthly, quarterly and annual returns for management and clients, remitting client retirement plan payments
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 1 – 3 years of recent work experience as a payroll clerk
- Strong organization, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong computer aptitude, which includes expertise with Microsoft Excel and Word as well as experience with accounting software
- Analytical skills with particular attention to detail
- Critical thinking and ability to evaluate a situation, research options, and present optimal solutions
Compensation: Dependent upon experience. Benefits package offered, including health and disability insurance, retirement plan, paid sick leave and holidays as well as vacation package.
To apply: All qualified applicants interested in this position are encouraged to apply by emailing a resume, cover letter and list of three professional references. Please include “Payroll Clerk” in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled. No calls please.
SpieglerBlevins is an equal opportunity employer. SpieglerBlevins is a drug- free workplace. Under the provisions of the Immigration and Reform Act of 1986, the candidate will be required to provide evidence of identity and eligibility for employment.